If you’re contemplating relocation to Lexington, Columbia and Lake Murray any time soon, here are some things to consider:
Consider the Raise
When you are relocating, the difference between a $30,000 and $45,000 salary (or even $70,000 and $100,000) might actually amount to a decrease in real earnings. When you’re considering the cost of living differences for relocation, be sure to consider cost of living, holiday traveling costs to visit those you left behind, daycare costs, and vehicle property taxes.
The ability to be able to attend a top rated school could be as simple as living on one side of the school boundary. Also, if your child has special needs or unique goals (i.e. they have been in a foreign language immersion program), you will need to find out what is available. Be sure to get a copy of your children's current coursework so that the new school can get a better idea of where to place the child in terms of classes or levels.
After You Arrive At Your New Place:
Talk to the new school counselors to make sure they know that your kids are experiencing not just a new school but have actually experienced a major house move as well.
Click on the links below to get all your answers before you decide which neighborhood to move to:
- Lexington County School District 1 - https://www.lexington1.net/
- Lexington-Richland - https://www.lexrich5.org/
- Lexington County School District 2 - https://www.lex2.org/
- Lexington County School District 3 - https://www.lex3.org/
- Lexington County School District 4 - https://www.lex4.org/
- Richland County School District One - https://www.richlandone.org/
- Richland County School District 2 - https://www.richland2.org/
- South Carolina Department of Education - ed.sc.gov
- Compare K-12 school ratings nationwide - greatschools.org